Go to http://www.nfpw.org/communicationsContest.cfm to review rules and categories, and start submitting your entries!
Work published in 2014 is eligible.
Deadline for online entries Feb. 9, books Feb. 2.
CLICK HERE further details and membership
Do we have a category for you! Choose from 64 categories from general reporting to specialty communications, it’s your chance to be recognized. Competition is open. You don’t have to be a member. Men are encouraged to enter and join. Nationally recognized professional judges and feedback. AWARDS BANQUET AT GHOST RANCH CONFERENCE April 25th, 2015. And, 1st place winners are eligible to enter the National Federation of Press Women contest.
The New Mexico Press Women Communication Contest is open to member and non-member journalists, columnists, photographers, fiction and non-fiction book authors and poets, public relations campaigns, advertising, broadcast, speeches, bloggers, designers, websites, students work, and many other types of communicators.
- Reduced entry fees: NMPW Member Discount: $10 for the first submission, $5 for each additional entry ($15/$10 for non-members) Group membership entry fees available for pressrooms and publishers.
- Critical Peer Review: Entries receive written feedback from a professional judge working in his or her respective field
- Ease: Online contest portal allows for a simple, paperless entry
- Public Relations: Winner’s names are promoted via traditional and electronic press release, Association newsletter and a full suite of social media platforms
- New Mexico Press Women/National Federation of Press Women
- Retired Memberships / Student Memberships
- Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Las Cruces chapter meetings and events
- Job listings, network and mentoring opportunities, reduced contest entry fees, and venues for promoting/selling your work
- Board positions and leadership opportunities
If you have questions you can contact Contest Chair Diane Schmidt, email@example.com